Posts for tag: Invisalign
Invisalign is the discreet way to straighten your smile without brackets or wires. Invisalign utilizes removable clear aligner trays to address minor cosmetic issues, such as straightening crooked teeth or closing small gaps between teeth. More serious orthodontic problems, such as a severe overbite, are best treated with braces. Dr. Temiko Braswell, the skilled dentist at Braswell Family Dentistry in Perry, can determine if Invisalign is an option for you.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is an innovative alternative to metal or ceramic braces for straightening crooked teeth and correcting other orthodontic concerns, such as minor bite alignment issues or excess spacing between teeth. Like braces, Invisalign moves the teeth by gently exerting pressure on them to gradually move them in the desired direction. However, Invisalign utilizes aligner trays to move teeth instead of the brackets, bands, and wires associated with braces.
The aligner trays are custom made for each patient for the best possible fit. Two aligners are worn at a time, one over the top arch of teeth and one over the bottom. Each set of trays is only worn for a few weeks and is then replaced with the next set in the series. Every new set of trays moves the teeth closer to the desired position. For most patients, Invisalign treatment takes about 12 months on average.
Invisalign is an excellent option for achieving a straighter smile and closing small gaps between teeth. However, traditional braces should be used to correct more complicated orthodontic problems, such as severely misaligned bites. The experienced dentist at our office in Perry can determine if Invisalign will work for you.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are several advantages to choosing Invisalign to straighten your smile. Many patients appreciate how discreet Invisalign is due to its clear aligner trays. Additionally, the trays can be taken out for up to two hours a day, which gives you more food options and makes brushing and flossing easier. Some of the many advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet — Since the aligner trays are clear, they are barely noticeable to others.
- Comfortable — The custom aligner trays are made from a soft plastic material that is flexible and fits comfortably in the mouth.
- Removable — The aligner trays can be temporarily removed, as needed, for up to two hours per day.
- Better Oral Hygiene — Brushing and flossing are easier since the trays can be taken out when performing your daily oral hygiene routine.
- Fewer Food Restrictions — You can enjoy a wider variety of foods during treatment since the aligners can be removed when eating so is no risk of anything getting stuck in the trays or damaging them.
Invisalign provides a discreet and comfortable option for achieving a straighter smile. Dr. Braswell can determine if you are a candidate for this exciting teeth-straightening method. Schedule an appointment to learn more about Invisalign by calling Braswell Family Dentistry in Perry at (478) 988-3200.
Crooked smile? Invisalign can give you the straight, beautiful smile you've always wanted. Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces, and has made a huge difference in many people's lives. Braswell Family Dentistry, located in Perry, GA, offers Invisalign treatment to their patients—read on to discover its benefits!
1. Beautify Your Smile
Invisalign can fix your smile problems and make you feel better about yourself. The treatment corrects the same problems as conventional braces, including overcrowded teeth, gapped teeth, crooked teeth, and an overbite. Invisalign achieves these feats by straightening your teeth with a series of custom-made aligner trays. These trays gently and continuously move your teeth in small increments until you have a flawless smile!
2. Improved Comfort
Invisalign aligners are made of thermosoftening plastic created exclusively for the Invisalign treatment plan. The aligners are very comfortable, so you will be able to wear them all day without any effort. On the hand, metal braces, though an effective method of straightening teeth, can be uncomfortable to wear.
3. Improve Oral Health
Straightening your smile with Invisalign can result in better oral health, as it is much easier to properly clean between teeth that are properly alligned. Additionally, during treatment, you can remove your Invisalign aligners for more effective brushing and flossing. Metal braces make brushing very difficult because food and plaque can stick to the teeth and brackets.
4. Enjoy Delicious Food
Invisalign fits your life without interruption, unlike other options. With metal braces, there's a long list of foods you can't enjoy because they can adhere to the brackets and teeth. With Invisalign, there are no food restrictions at all—you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want!
5. Avoid Embarrassment
Too embarrassed to wear metal braces? You can straighten your smile without a mouthful of metal. Invisalign aligners are almost invisible, meaning that other people may not even notice you’re wearing braces!
Interested? Give Us a Call!
Want a better life? Start with your smile! Call Braswell Family Dentistry at (478) 988-3200 today to schedule a consultation in Perry, GA. When it comes to Invisalign, the benefits are endless!
Would you like to straighten your teeth but would rather not wear metal braces? Invisalign offers a more discreet orthodontic option. Our Perry, GA, dentist, Dr. Temiko Braswell, explains how the Invisalign process works.
Improving your smile without braces
Invisalign offers a different approach to teeth straightening. Instead of visible wires and brackets, the Invisalign system uses clear, removable aligner trays to realign your teeth. By exerting constant, gentle pressure, the aligners gradually change the position of your teeth. Invisalign is an excellent choice if you have mild or moderate orthodontic issues. If your issues are more complex, you may need metal or ceramic braces.
Combining digital impressions, images and X-rays on our computer creates a 3D image of your mouth that Dr. Braswell manipulates to determine the course of your treatment. A few weeks after your visit, you'll receive a series of aligner trays constructed of comfortable plastic. Each set should be worn for about 22 hours per day for two weeks.
Invisalign offers important benefits
Invisalign provides a few advantages that traditional braces can't, such as:
- More Attractive Appearance: You won't look any different when you wear your Invisalign trays. Because the transparent trays fit snugly against your teeth, no one will be able to tell that you're wearing them. Although you can drink water while wearing your trays, other beverages may stain them. Luckily, keeping your trays clear is as simple as removing then when you drink coffee, juice, sports drinks or other beverages.
- Improved Comfort: Pain from adjustments and stray wires can be a concern when you wear metal or ceramic braces. You'll avoid pain and irritation that often occur with traditional braces when you choose the Invisalign system.
- Easier Eating: Sticky foods or those that can break brace wires, such as popcorn, gum and raw vegetables, must be avoided when you wear traditional braces. Luckily, there are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You'll take your trays out before you eat and can continue to eat your favorite foods. Once your meal is finished, you'll rinse your mouth and your aligners and reinsert them.
Improve your smile with Invisalign. Call our Perry, GA, dentist, Dr. Braswell also serving Warner Robins and Houston County, GA, at (478) 988-3200 to schedule your appointment.