Invisalign is the discreet way to straighten your smile without brackets or wires. Invisalign utilizes removable clear aligner trays to address minor cosmetic issues, such as straightening crooked teeth or closing small gaps between teeth. More serious orthodontic problems, such as a severe overbite, are best treated with braces. Dr. Temiko Braswell, the skilled dentist at Braswell Family Dentistry in Perry, can determine if Invisalign is an option for you.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is an innovative alternative to metal or ceramic braces for straightening crooked teeth and correcting other orthodontic concerns, such as minor bite alignment issues or excess spacing between teeth. Like braces, Invisalign moves the teeth by gently exerting pressure on them to gradually move them in the desired direction. However, Invisalign utilizes aligner trays to move teeth instead of the brackets, bands, and wires associated with braces.
The aligner trays are custom made for each patient for the best possible fit. Two aligners are worn at a time, one over the top arch of teeth and one over the bottom. Each set of trays is only worn for a few weeks and is then replaced with the next set in the series. Every new set of trays moves the teeth closer to the desired position. For most patients, Invisalign treatment takes about 12 months on average.
Invisalign is an excellent option for achieving a straighter smile and closing small gaps between teeth. However, traditional braces should be used to correct more complicated orthodontic problems, such as severely misaligned bites. The experienced dentist at our office in Perry can determine if Invisalign will work for you.
Advantages of Invisalign
There are several advantages to choosing Invisalign to straighten your smile. Many patients appreciate how discreet Invisalign is due to its clear aligner trays. Additionally, the trays can be taken out for up to two hours a day, which gives you more food options and makes brushing and flossing easier. Some of the many advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet — Since the aligner trays are clear, they are barely noticeable to others.
- Comfortable — The custom aligner trays are made from a soft plastic material that is flexible and fits comfortably in the mouth.
- Removable — The aligner trays can be temporarily removed, as needed, for up to two hours per day.
- Better Oral Hygiene — Brushing and flossing are easier since the trays can be taken out when performing your daily oral hygiene routine.
- Fewer Food Restrictions — You can enjoy a wider variety of foods during treatment since the aligners can be removed when eating so is no risk of anything getting stuck in the trays or damaging them.
Invisalign provides a discreet and comfortable option for achieving a straighter smile. Dr. Braswell can determine if you are a candidate for this exciting teeth-straightening method. Schedule an appointment to learn more about Invisalign by calling Braswell Family Dentistry in Perry at (478) 988-3200.